A competency-based Advanced Vestibular Rehabilitation Certification for Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, and Physicians. This certification workshop is ideal for those who have obtained prior Certification through either the American Institute of Balance or Emory University, or have at least 3 years of experience or coursework in Vestibular Rehabilitation. The goal of the workshop is to provide experienced practitioners with the latest evidence-based information on improving function and demonstration of measurable outcomes for a variety of more difficult and complex populations using Diagnosis Based Strategies. Focus is on a strong interdisciplinary approach to ensure efficient and highly efficacious evaluation and treatment protocols for Migraine-related Dizziness, Multi-Factorial Dysequilibrium, Psychogenic Dizziness, Cervicogenic Dizziness, Complex BPPV, Concussion, and Parkinson’s patients. Learning will be enhanced through video-case studies and hands-on practice with a variety of technologies. This workshop is not a basic or introductory course. It is designed specifically for those appropriately credentialed professionals with experience in the evaluation and management of patients with vestibular-equilibrium and balance disorders.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is specifically designed for Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, and Physicians. Although it is not appropriate for Physical Therapy Assistants, Occupational Therapy Assistants, or Athletic Trainers, AIB does offer other appropriate workshops and certifications for these professionals. Contact us for details.
*AIB Certification does not supersede an individual’s professional scope of practice as determined by their governing professional Association, Society or State License.
Prior American Institute of Balance Certification in Vestibular Rehabilitation, Concussion, and/or Vestibular Assessment & Management, or Vestibular Rehabilitation Certification through Emory University.
At the conclusion of the workshop participants will be able to…
- Recognize those migraine conditions that cause vestibular and balance dysfunction and the corresponding management strategies.
- Demonstrate ability to evaluate and treat multifactorial balance disorders.
- Describe the personality disorders and corresponding manifestations resulting in psychogenic dizziness and imbalance and best treatment options.
- List the most common causes of Cervicogenic Dizziness and perform appropriate corresponding treatment modalities.
- Identify patterns of nystagmus associated with single and multiple canal BPPV involvement and the gold-standard repositioning maneuvers.
- Describe the difference between cortical and labyrinthine concussion and differentiate treatment protocols for each respective condition using hybrid VRT-Cognitive protocols.
- Demonstrate how to use newly emerging gait-stride and cognitive protocols to improve function in the Parkinson patient.