This competency-based, certification workshop presents rehabilitation and therapy protocols to manage identifiable vestibular and balance system disorders, including cortical and labyrinthine concussion. The content is evidence based to ensure therapists and clinicians produce excellent outcomes.
- An overview of vestibular anatomy and physiology
- Understanding sensory integration of equilibrium
- Disorders affecting vestibular function
- Cortical and Labyrinthine Concussion Differentiation
- Interactive Concussion Management Strategies
- Extensive training materials for therapy programs
- Neurophysiology of Central Compensation
- VRT protocols: adaptation, habituation, and substitution for patient-centered therapy
- Pyschogenic factors affecting VRT outcomes
- BPPV diagnosis & treatment – Canalith Repositioning Maneuvers with manual training
- Differentiate vestibular test abnormalities that identify patients who are “appropriate” candidates for therapy.
- Use diagnosis based strategies for designing and implementing therapy.
- Apply specific therapy protocols within individualized programs for patients.
- Initiate and implement a comprehensive vestibular rehabilitation program within their scope of practice.
- Develop Return-To-Play Decisions based on your assessment and management of concussion patients.
*AIB Certification does not supersede an individual’s professional scope of practice as determined by their governing professional Association, Society or State License.