VideoNystagmography (VNG), Vestibular Evoked Myogenic Potentials (VEMP), and Video Head Impulse Test (vHIT): Protocols and Practice
This 2-day (16 hour) workshop will provide attendees with an in-depth look at three of the most powerful clinical vestibular assessment tools used today. VNG remains the most utilized and available vestibular function test and will be explored in-depth as it relates to building a time and cost-effective clinical protocol. In today’s challenging reimbursement environment, this is critical to ensure the ongoing viability of services. The AIB faculty will share their evidence-based protocols and strategies, developed over two decades with 100,000+ patient data.
Although VNG has historically been at the center of vestibular examination, now, the addition of VHIT and VEMP offers a powerful synergistic and comprehensive test battery. This new information offers a more efficient and efficacious means of management for the chronic dizzy patient. As we expand the scope of vestibular examination to children and athletes with sports-related concussion (mTBI), individuals with chronic undetected and untreated vestibular conditions, older adults at fall risk, and as a better form of triage for those requiring vestibular rehabilitation therapy, this information will be invaluable. The workshop will provide attendees with evidence-based clinical protocols for VNG, VHIT and VEMP, integration of findings, case studies and management strategies for best practice. Medical Report writing will be emphasized by utilizing proven techniques to communicate test findings and recommendations to both family practice and specialty physicians in a clear and concise manner.
At the conclusion of the workshop attendees will be able to:
- Describe the specifics and respective application of the VNG, VHIT, and VEMP
- Demonstrate the preferred examination administration and protocols of each test
- Identify the most commonly seen abnormalities for each e.g. vestibular neuritis etc.
- Compare the relative utilitarian value of each test within a diagnostic efficiency and predictive value format.
- List the most effective and evidence-based management strategies based on test findings, including writing an accurate and concise Medical Report.
Attendees will have a hands-on opportunity to practice and be coached in all test protocols by AIB’s experienced faculty.
Audiologists, Medical Doctors (MD, DO)