This 5-day, competency-based workshop is AIB’s most comprehensive program. Learn the full spectrum of care to manage the dizzy patient! This course provides clinicians with evidence-based protocols for both diagnostic and rehabilitation management!
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Vestibular Assessment & Diagnostic Testing
- VNG/ENG, postural stability, active head rotation tests and more.
- Management and Treatment
- All techniques for the evaluation and treatment of BPPV, and vestibular rehabilitation therapy using diagnostic-based strategies for all types of vestibular and balance disorders.
- Apply vestibular anatomy and physiology to the diagnosis of vestibular disorders.
- Administer reliable and valid vestibular assessment tests.
- Accurately interpret and report results using Clinical Pathways.
- Utilize results for appropriate triage of patients for Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy or applicable management strategies.
- Differentiate vestibular test abnormalities that identify patients who are appropriate candidates for therapy.
- Use Diagnosis Based Strategies for designing and implementing therapy.
- Apply specific therapy protocols within individualized programs for patients.
- Initiate and implement a comprehensive vestibular rehabilitation program within the scope of their practice.
Audiologists, Medical Doctors (MD, DO), Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists
*The American Institute of Balance proudly offers CEUs to both Physical Therapy Assistants (PTA) and Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants (COTA) for the completion of workshops. Currently, certification is only offered to Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Audiologists and Physicians secondary to state and practice guidelines.