Based on demand, we have combined our popular and highly regarded Vestibular Rehabilitation and Concussion Certification workshops. Now you can obtain dual certification for the cost of one.
This competency-based, workshop presents rehabilitation and therapy protocols to manage identifiable vestibular and balance system disorders, including cortical and labyrinthine concussion. Evidence based protocols will be presented, demonstrated and practiced to ensure therapists and clinicians produce excellent outcomes. The workshop will include significant hands-on practice to increase skill competencies. An online examination will follow to complete the certification process. CEU acquisition is independent of the certification.
• An overview of vestibular anatomy and physiology
• Understanding sensory integration of equilibrium
• Disorders affecting vestibular function
• Cortical assessment
• Vestibular evaluation
• Cortical and labyrinthine concussion differentiation
• Interactive concussion management strategies
• Extensive training materials for therapy programs
• Neurophysiology of central compensation
• VRT protocols: adaptation, habituation, and substitution for patient-centered therapy
• Psychogenic factors affecting VRT outcomes
• BPPV diagnosis & treatment – Canalith Repositioning Maneuvers (CRM) with manual training
• Putting it all together and case studies
Who Should Attend
The certificate curriculum is designed to provide PT, OT, Audiologists, and Physicians with the most current evidence based information. Curriculum development is in collaboration with leading authorities in basic science, medicine, human dynamics and rehabilitation. All content is consistent with the American Academy of Neurology (2013) Guidelines and the Centers for Disease Control.
*AIB Certification does not supersede an individual’s professional scope of practice as determined by their governing professional Association, Society or State License.