This 5 hour live workshop is the most comprehensive of its kind for personal fitness trainer interested in receiving the most current information on working with clients who have recently sustained a sports-related concussion (SRC). Regardless of the type of setting you work in, you will benefit from learning about the most common signs and symptoms seen following a concussion and how these may impact exercise and activity. Furthermore, the course will thoroughly review personal fitness trainer’s role in recognizing red flags and how best to triage them to the appropriate healthcare provider. Information regarding risk management when working with a clientele of concussed patients will be emphasized. An online examination will follow to complete the certification process.
Personal Fitness Trainers
*AIB Certification does not supersede an individual’s professional scope of practice as determined by their governing professional Association, Society or State License.
- Identify the societal impact on sport concussion
- Define a sport concussion, the relevant anatomy and pathophysiology, and the impact on exercise and performance
- List the signs and symptoms associated with a sport concussion
- Recognize the red flags for exercise following a sport concussion
- Discuss the personal fitness trainer’s role within the scope of practice of managing a sport concussion and how to triage individual’s with red flags
- Describe ways to minimize risk for the personal fitness trainer when working with clients who have sustained sport concussions