This comprehensive 2-day (16 hour) course provides an evidence-based approach to the assessment and management of vestibular disorders for the practicing chiropractor. Topics include relevant anatomy of the ear, benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV), vestibulo-ocular and vestibulo-spinal reflex disorders, postural stability assessment and intervention techniques, commonly used rehabilitation protocols, and other balance related concerns. An online examination will follow to complete the certification process.
*AIB Certification does not supersede an individual’s professional scope of practice as determined by their governing professional Association, Society or State License.
- Differentiate vestibular test abnormalities that identify patients who are “appropriate” candidates for chiropractic care or physical therapy.
- Utilize diagnosis based strategies for designing and implementing interventions.
- Apply specific protocols within individualized programs for patients.
- Initiate and implement a comprehensive vestibular rehabilitation program within the chiropractic scope of practice.
- Develop return-to-play decisions based on your assessment and management of concussion patients, in collaboration with and in accordance with state laws.