This comprehensive 1 1/2 -day course focuses on the assessment and management of a sport-related concussion for the scope of the practicing chiropractor. Topics include anatomy & physiology of the brain, symptomatic grading criteria, assessment tools, International standards of care, prevention strategies such as vision training and cervical muscle strengthening, acute on-field assessment, rehabilitation interventions including vestibular and oculomotor, post-concussion mental health considerations, and strategies for return to learn, return to work, and return to school. An online examination will follow to complete the certification process.
*AIB Certification does not supersede an individual’s professional scope of practice as determined by their governing professional Association, Society or State License.
- Explain the pathophysiology of a sport concussion and how it relates to the signs and symptoms of second impact syndrome, and chronic traumatic encephalopathy
- Identify knowledge transfer issues, concussion education and team approach within the chiropractic scope of practice and state laws
- Integrate prevention measures to minimize risk of sport concussion
- Validate on-field and acute concussion assessment interventions
- Recognize the differences between the cortical recovery process and central vestibular compensation and integrate cortical and vestibular rehabilitation into a comprehensive concussion management program with longitudinal therapeutic outcome measures
- Describe and develop return-to-play & return-to-learn decisions based on your therapeutic intervention
Join us at the conclusion of Day-1 Workshop and learn how to make this a profitable business.
“Business Solutions and Technology Showcase”
Saturday Evening Social Event 5-7 p.m.
Refreshments, Hors d’oeuvres, & Prizes
Visit with your colleagues, AIB faculty and staff!