Dizziness, vertigo and falls are among the leading complaints of all patients and the #1 complaint of the largest growing segment of the population, individuals 65 years of age and older. Audiologists have recently, all too often abdicated balance testing due to lowered reimbursement, the obstacles of equipment cost and difficulty developing referrals.
This one and a half-day, interactive workshop will provide attendees with a rare in-depth look into the 7 rules of a successful balance practice. This is a not to be missed opportunity to learn from one of the world leaders in this specialty. Whether you already have balance testing in-house, or wish to expand your horizons, add new services, or are ready to implement one, this workshop will provide you the information to accomplish your goals.
- Education: How to build the best diagnostic and treatment protocols that are cost and time efficient and produce maximum revenue.
- Planning: What will you need to begin, expand or dominate your market?
- Instrumentation: What do you really need, what does it cost and will it pay for itself?
- Billing and Coding: Dos and don’ts, what works and why
- Physician Marketing: Build and grow your referrals through specialized messaging
- Contracting: How to create contract services with physicians, hospitals, multispecialty groups and health systems
- Thinking outside the box: What would you do, how would you live your life, if you believed you couldn’t fail? Let us elevate your belief lid.
Attendees will receive a workbook including a physician marketing tool-kit and participate in an interactive role-playing session on how to sell your services.
This activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of the following professions involved in the care of patients with balance disorders:
- Practice Managers
- Audiology Assistants
- Physician Assistants
- Vestibular Technicians
- Name the most sensitive diagnostic protocols for otologic and non-otologic causes of dizziness, vertigo and imbalance.
- List the appropriate CPT codes for use in vestibular testing.
- Discuss the key components of a contract services agreement.
- Explain how your attitude sets your altitude in clinical and business relationships.
The American Institute of Balance is among the country’s best-known and largest diagnostic and treatment centers for balance disorders. Operating freestanding facilities, physician, hospital, and multi-specialty center contract services, Dr. Gans and the AIB team offers a unique look into the successful implementation and sustainability of a balance specialty practice.