This one day 7 hour course will provide participants with conceptual and procedural knowledge necessary to evaluate and manage benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) in a broad spectrum of patients. Participants will have the benefit of practical demonstration and designated lab breakouts. This course will have a strong focus in hands-on learning opportunities in a professionally collaborative environment. Participants will develop and refine skill sets needed for evaluation and treatment of BPPV all in one day!
Target Audience: Physical Therapist, PTA, Occupational Therapist, COTA, Audiologist, ENT Physicians, Nurse, Athletic Trainers,
- Gain conceptual knowledge of the functional anatomy and physiology of the peripheral vestibular system as it pertains to BPPV
- Recognize signs and symptoms of BPPV and differentiation from other vestibular pathology
- Implement the most recent evidence-based guidelines and protocols for treatment of BPPV
- Apply concepts and demonstrate competency in evaluation techniques and treatment maneuvers for all variants of BPPV
- Discuss post treatment considerations and management of the complex BPPV patient