AIB’s Recertification Window is Now Open
AIB now offers a 3-month recertification window (January 1st – March 31st). If you have attended a certification workshop from January 2017 to November 2018 and have not renewed your certification, you can do so now!
UPDATE: Given the current COVID19 public health emergency, we have extended the re-certification process through May 30, 2020.
How does the recertification process work?
In order to maintain your certification valid, you will need to recertify every two years by taking an online examination. Prior to taking the exam, you will be provided 5 – 12 research articles to prepare for the exam. The exam is comprised of foundational content and information derived from research that has been published since the date of the original workshop. The exam format may include multiple-choice, true/false, and case-based questions. The articles are in the exam module once purchased.
What do I need to do to re-certify?
- Start by purchasing the recertification exam.
- The examination fee is $195 and includes:
- Worldwide listing on dizzy.com website searchable database for AIB certified providers. Help patients looking for balance and concussion evaluation & treatment find you.
- Access to AIB’s online library Zotero – the largest database of research articles in everything balance, equilibrium, and concussion.
- Eligibility to participate in AIB’s Partner in Balance Program
- Discounts on future workshops.
- If you have an established account on dizzy.com, you will find the exam in the “My Workshops” tab.
- If you do not have an account, you will need to create a username and password in order to complete the purchase of the recertification exam. Then go to the “My Workshops” tab.
- Open the Module (below is an example)
- Notice there are two units. Unit One contains your study materials and exam. In Unit 2 you will provide your professional contact information to place on dizzy.com’s national listing of Certified Providers.
- Click on Unit 1 to see the reading materials (example below)
- Click on each blue button labeled to download the reading material.
- This is not a timed exam. You may take the time you need to complete the exam as long as it is submitted in the window timeframe of Jan 1st -March 31st.
- After reading your material, you can begin taking the exam.
- You need a 76% or better to pass the exam
- You have 2 attempts to pass the exam
- Once you successfully complete Units 1 and 2, you will be able to download and print your certificate.
Depending on when you complete your exam, your name and contact information will be uploaded to dizzy.com on the 15th or last day of the month and you will also receive an email with instructions on how to access AIB’s Online Research Library and Coupon Code for future purchases.
Please note: If you have taken the Concussion and Vestibular Rehabilitation Workshops separately, you do not need to take two separate exams. We have a combined Vestibular Rehabilitation and Concussion re-certification exam.