“Leading the World in Vestibular and Equilibrium Education”
Founded by Dr. Gans in 1999, the mission of the Foundation is to provide wide-ranging, clinically relevant, multi-disciplinary global education; support research; fund clinician training and provide free services for children in need.
- Professional post-graduate education, workshops, on-campus, on-site and internationally. Dr. Gans and colleagues have provided programs throughout Asia (Hong Kong, China, Singapore), Latin America (Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Guatemala, Mexico) and Europe (England, Russia, Spain).
- Global on-line education initiative in cooperation with the University of New England – College of Osteopathic Medicine. Courses are offered in English, Spanish and Chinese for continuing medical and professional education.
- Funding clinical training for medical, audiology and physical therapy residents.
- Funding for pediatric evaluations for un-insured children. No child under 18 is turned away because of inability to pay.
- Funding for research and students- American Academy of Audiology Foundation- Vestibular Research Award and The Ohio State University- Department of Hearing and Speech Sciences- Student Clinician Award.